This was a bad idea...(bad chip flavors)


I am such an adventurous spirit. I will try anything once, and whenever I'm out I am glued to the snack shelves looking for something different to try. The package was what got me. The box, like a take-out container of Popeye's or KFC. I was hooked. $2 later I am cracking into the plastic package and picking up the mini drumstick crunchies that remind me of Barbie kitchen sets and Kitchen Littles. 
But this....was a bad idea. 
Other bad ideas include the "chicken & waffles" flavor from Lays that was the craze of spring 2013. 
If memory serves me correctly this was not the first time these flavors have been attempted in chip form by a national brand. And the fact that you can't run out an get them off the shelf today proves they weren't able to make the flavors stick. 
I didn't try the cheesy bread, cause I'm not a cheese person. and the Siriacha was grossly disappointing. 
The drumsticks were cool looking and the concept is eyes catching. But if I'm going to get the sodium and calories, I'll stick to the real stuff. The taste of beer drowned out the failure of experimental snacking.



My favorite non-traditional flavor....
Thank you UTZ!

Honorable Mention: The Creamy Dill. 
This is definitely an acquired taste, and you REALLY have to love pickles. But I didn't throw them away.
 

Comments