I'm not a breakfast person

So the pudding made it two days. My mother walked past my bowl on day three and said "it looks like muck". Needless to say I couldn't bring myself to eat the rest of it. 
I have a mind/matter philosophy on healthy food that doesn't look tasty, but I now realize that I need a "speak no evil" environment to stick to it.
I also need to simplify the recipe some. I think that will help. Also, getting rid of the golden berries will keep it from going bitter with the chocolate powder. 

But today my mother got up and made a cup of oatmeal.... We've had this discussion. 
So I'd needed to find something for myself, to satisfy my savory craving.  So I pulled out the noodle bag and came up with this. 


Green Tea Soba Noodles with Sesame sauce. 

1 roll of soba noodles, cooked till aldente 
1/4 tsp garlic
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp sesame seeds
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp tahini butter (not the oil)
1/2 tsp Siracha sauce
1/2 tsp agave
1 tsp lime juice
1 tsp liquid aminos or soy sauce 

Mix the sauce while the noodles are cooking. Add the hot noodles to melt the sauce down. You can add cilantro or thai basil and chopped green onions for crunch. (I had none of those things this morning.) 
If you want a more authentic flavor, add a couple drops of fish sauce or shrimp paste to the sauce, but taste it! Fish sauce a shrimp paste can go from salty to nasty in one shake. I'm not doing the fermented fish for the moment, otherwise I would add it. Another good flavor is curry, but I think I'll do a separate post for that. 

Breakfast is good. 
It's tangy, really sesame. And hot. I like meals to have flavor so this is definitely waking me up!


Serve with your favorite beverage. This is a very Thai/Lao/Vietnamese meal because of the fresh coconut juice and sesame ingredients. 

Sabai dee!

Comments