Men and Ice Cream


So the two greatest spoilers to my diet are, you guessed it, men and ice cream.

How do these two things make for unavoidable diet spoilers when I have such resilience against everything else? It's simple really.

Men are natural carnivorous. I'm a firm believer that is takes a very special man to give up meat all together. And there are very few that I know of. Yes, men will give up pork, some beef, and occasionally you'll find someone who won't ever touch the stuff again. But how about asking a man, especially a black man, to give up chicken? And if you live on the coast, how many men do you know will give up fish, or seafood? There is something in their testosterone that will not let them give up the muscle tissue. And inevitably, if you eat with these men, specifically the ones who cook, you'll find yourself eating more meat than you bargained for.

So my diet was spoiled by eating with men who love their poultry and fish on a daily basis. But since these are the two meats I allowed myself to eat anyway, I only needed a few days off the stuff to feel brand new again.

Ice Cream

Ice Cream

Ice Cream

No matter how many times I tell myself I don't need it or I can live without it, I always find myself walking into the freezer section and reaching for a bucket of Edy's. There's no stopping me. I do it subconsciously, not realizing my mistake until I've made it all the way home with my purchases. And then I crack open the carton and dig in. I don't feel guilty about it, and I eat my ice cream with the broadest smile on my face because it makes me feel good.

I'm not an emotional eater, in fact when I'm upset I lose my appetite, but there's something about ice cream that makes me feel all warm and girly on the inside. And since my brain tells my body to go get it and my hands to pay for it. I've given myself these rules to eat by, just so we don't completely undo all the work we've gained so far.

Every three days. Enough time for my body to process the sugar and dairy, while not too long so I'm not taking the entire carton to my bed with a spoon to appease my craving.

But I'm not complaining. I'm sticking very close to my original diet, and following my own advice on being "flexible".

Comments