The David Recipes.

The David Recipes.

I've decided that my blog and everyone's life would be better off without the recipes I created with my most recent EX. (Yes, another time when personal turmoil has effected my food. )I find it creatively stifling when the person I'm cooking for
1. is always looking over my shoulder, I mean close enough to stir the pot.
2. Is ALWAYS criticizing and adjusting my recipes, like before I pick up the ginger, he's asking why I need the ginger, and why am I using mushrooms, there are more protein packed veggies than mushrooms, and you should soak that in olive oil cause that's how I make them.
Honestly, I thought having a man who cooks would be cool, really he was creativly stunting my culinary growth. (And in reality, the man is a shortcut shopper, most everything is already made, other than slicing an English muffin, cooking for him involves opening the package and putting it in the microwave. I even purchased paper plates for this dude to microwave individual pieces of bacon on!)

You guys have read my blog, I LIVE on trying new things. If I'm going to foul up my soup, then I'm going to learn from it and rework it. If I didn't foul up some dinners I'd never have any tips to write about. But when someone else is second guessing you internal chef from thriving, no good taste can come of it.

So, I'm scrapping all the grocery lists and measurements from that short time in my blog life. Come to think of it, I don't have many pictures of the stuff I cooked, cause before I could think about taking pictures, it was being picked apart. Inside I'm almost glad I don't have to look at anymore than these.

No, now, you can't make me change my mind. I've already ceremoniously burned them over the gas burner on his "lady-friend-not-my-ex-girlfriend-but-we're-really-close-though" 's stove.

But here are the pictures I took.

I promise to recreate some of the items, because they did come out pretty, but it will be when I have willing, unquestioning mouths to feed.

Happy viewing!

Comments