IronCupcake January 2010

So this month's theme is pretty simple.

Our challenge for JANUARY is WINTER WARM UP! Create a cupcake based on or inspired by ANYTHING you use to warm you up in the cold of winter. Could be hot chocolate, soup, slippers...SO MUCH OPPORTUNITY.

I'm at a loss, maybe the subject is too broad.

I'm leaning towards Strawberry and something. Like a pink blanket. Although I don't see myself making pink fondant blankets this week. I'm really feeling the "berry" not apples, which are abundant this time of year. I'm willing to do an orange or cirtus, which would work well with a Hot Toddy cupcake. But I'm not sure where to begin with that. I wouldn't want to lace the entire thing with apple and orange and cognac.

Cinnamon, I thought about doing a Hot Cinnamon. With read Hots, but then it would just be another coffee cake or chai (which I've already done). I thought about putting cayanne in Vanilla and doing a hot vanilla. Or even a Mexican Hot chocolate, with cinnamon and cayanne.

I don't like eggnog, but that's not really a hot drink.

I could do a Peppermint Mocha, I'd have to go buy a small Starbucks coffee for the mix, and sprinkle with peppermint chips and chocolate sprinkles.
I'd really like to do a gingerbread latte flavor...that would be cool. Gingerbread cupcake with white mocha frosting...

What do you think? I'll have to create these this weekend in order to make the deadline next weekend. So think fast if you want to contribute.

Comments