Iron Cupcake..I might be stumped...

Iron Cupcake Earth has returned!

I am so excited! I just made my flicker! account which is necessary to participate and I’m totally stoked about baking with a purpose.

Now what’s the October theme?

….Music ?....

Pick a song and create a cupcake based on the name of the song.

ok, What!?!?

Talk about a stretch of the imagination. I don’t want to go too literal, but what songs, that I love, would inspire three cupcakes, that I’d love?

So I’m scrolling through my iPod, and here's what popped out at me.

“If It Makes You Happy”-Sheryl Crow
A chocolate-decadence cupcake about how people skimp on the chocolate and the sweets even though they know it makes them happy.

“Peanut Butter Jelly Time!” Baltimore Club Music
Hey, I’ve been trying to put together a peanut butter and jelly cupcake for a while. Maybe now I can try it out for real.

“Peanut Butter and Jelly”-Cadillac Don and J Money
“Inside Peanut butter outside Jelly…”
Grape and Strawberry cakes with peanut butter center and peanut butter jelly butter cream icing.

“Smokey Joes café
Smoked...chipotle pepper....no.
grey "smoke" icing on a .... slice of coconut cake..
Gery "smoke" icing on a slice of kool-aid cake?
Refrigerator cake?...you know what, I'll just move on.

“Sardines (pork & bean)”- not sure if I want to go there, but maybe the sardines can be the Swedish fish candies, on top, and the pork and beans will be a cinnamon and cherry cupcake.

“Chicken Noodle Soup (with a Soda on the side)”
Vanilla cupcakes with chicken and noodles made of fondant, and Chocolate Cola cupcakes with red and white coke icing....This is two cupcakes on one song....I'll move on.

“Barbie Girl” Aqua
I could do the Pink cupcakes with a few of those doll inserts with pink icing dresses.
I could do fruit flavors, strawberry (pink) and raspberry (red) and blueberry (purple because I hate grape), Orange, Lemon (yellow). With glitter and sprinkles.

“Roll With It” Rebirth Brass Band
King cake type thing, with the Madi Gras Colors and all the toys and such on top. Or many be a beignetesk” cup cake with café du monde coffee and chicory butter cream.
Then the cupcakes are rolled in purple and gold icing, I think Green would be too literal for Mardi Gras.

100% Pure Love- Crystal Waters
100% pure ingredients, with 100% pure chocolate ( something like 90% cocoa) and vanilla bean. Basically the most expensive cupcake I’ll attempt to make at this point.

Luxurious-Gwen Stefani
The Raspberry Chocolate Cupcakes, but from scratch, they could be know from then on as the “Luxurious Cupcake”

“Pieces of Me”- Rare Essence
Resse’s Pieces Cupcake with Vanilla/white chocolate cake with Resse’s Pieces, peanut butter milk chocolate swirled icing and Resse’s Pieces pieces on top. (I'm not a fan of Resse's but I'll bake 'em.

“Spice Up Your Life” Spice Girls
5-Spice Spice cake with Chai Cream Cheese Frosting, a Cinnamon Stick and a dried chili

“Apple Tree” Erykah Badu
Apple Cake with clove Spices glazed Apples. Coated with Dulce De Leche and thin Apples Chips

“Brown Sugar” D’Angelo
Brown Sugar Pound Cake. Dulce de Leche (cause its made with brown sugar) Icing and brown sugar candy chip. (I made close to this already, not bad, a little dense but still tasty)

Then I think about the Maxwell Concert and I'm like...hmmm
"Pretty Wings"
Angelfood Cake, Rose Champagne Whipped Icing, fondant Angel Wings dusted in silver.
too bad I don't know how to roll fondant properly, I'm sure i could 'wing' it though! (Please ignore the dry cooking humor)


Okay, tell me what you think.
Let me know if you have any suggestions.
I'm taking opinions starting......NOW!

Comments