Iron Cupcake is BACK!

So unfortunately I got on the IronCupcake Bandwagon in time for it to shut down for the summer, what luck I have. But that didn't stop me from thinking up some interesting recipes for the year to come. Now Iron cupcake is back and I can't wait to get baking.

The First Challenge is MUSIC, in honor of Ellen Deneres and her passion for music and dance.

I have to "pick a song-any song-and develop a cupcake around the title." The final posting date for this month is October 24th so over the next two weeks I need to pick a theme and run with it pretty soon. I'm allowed 3 entries.

The prizes this year include the usual free publicity and t-shirt type merchandise, books and other things, but what I'm hoping for is the Demy!

It's like having your very own digital cookbook!
It stores 2500 Recipes and can be synced to a keyingredient.com account to keep up with your latest creations. (My account is pending better Internet access)
You can view it standing up like a computer screen or tilted back like a cookbook balances on the edge of your cutting board.
The touchscreen is virtually waterproof, which will be easy to clean for those who have little, messy, helpers around (that includes children, pets, husbands and boyfriends alike).
You can adjust the font and size for your reading preferences.
It has a built in timer that can be set once everything is in the oven, and you can set 3 timers at once! No more guesstimating about ill timed batches of cookies.
How many times have you found the recipe to your favorite dish only to find out the conversion was in Metric, or you needed only 24 servings not 50? Well the built in conversion calculator is perfect for situations like that.
AND! The icing on the cake. A list of ingredient alternatives! Someone allergic to nuts, or you can't find the molasses? This is like having an ingredient thesaurus!

Yes, this is the prize I'm after. But my cupcakes are going to have to be good....REALLY good.
I'm relying on my amateur Photography skills and my sense of taste to lead me the right way on this one.

Comments