My first Sale!


One satisfied Customer.

I gave Ty his bouquet for his daughter this morning. I think he was please, not the most outspoken type so I couldn't tell what he was thinking. But he paid me the $20 we agreed on.

I think his lack of reaction was due to the fact that he now had the gift and no longer had to stress over what to get his daughter for her birthday.

I spent 3 hours on Saturday making lollipops because I had to rig together a double boiler that would work. I was mixing and melting and pouring and over-pouring. I was sick of the smell of cheesecake after a while.

I learned several things,
1. I need a real double boiler
2. I need more than one mold of each shape to get more done at one time.
3. I spent $6 on decorations alone, so next time I need to charge $10 for the vase arrangement
4. Extra hands are needed to do large orders. I had just enough table to get this order done but I'm seriously considering getting another shelving unit just for candy making. This will require lots of air tight containers to keep away the critters.
5. I enjoyed the process to do it again, but I underestimated the amount of work required to do mass production.

New policies.
Molds containing 5 or more lollipops shall cost $0.75 a pop
Molds containing 4 or less lollipops shall cost $1.00+ depending on amount of candy needed.
$10 minimum for Vase arrangements
$5 for boxes
$2 for bags, special ribbons or inscriptions

My next adventure in candy will be truffles and chocolates. I'll be working on a ganache and a few fillings this weekend. I think I'll start with Orange and Dark Chocolate and Champagne and Milk Chocolate.

I want to bring Cupcakes on my next road trip. Suggestions on which flavors to bring? I'm leaning towards something with a filling, but I need suggestions.

Option 1: Grapes of Wrath, Grape cupcake with Grape jelly and Purple Icing
Option 2: PB&J, Peanut Butter Cupcake with Grape jelly and Peanut Jelly Swirl Icing
Option 3: Blueberry Pancake, Blueberry Muffins with Cream cheese or Butter cream icing
Option 4: Margarita, Key Lime cupcake with Tequila Lime Icing
Option 5: Lemon Meringue Pie, Lemon cupcake with Marshmallow Icing
Option 6: Blood Orange Truffle, Orange Cupcake with Dark Chocolate Icing
Option 7: Red Velvet, Red velvet cake with cream cheese icing. (this one's not all that difficult)
Option 8: S'mores, Cinnamon Cupcake with Chocolate filling and marshmallow top

Feel free to make suggestions or vote for more than one.

Comments